Thursday, November 5, 2015

Whal's in the Woods: The Bridal Party Gets Ready

After returning from breakfast, we all got changed to take a group photo (long before the photographers arrived) and help with some of the set-up in the tent area. We had an abundance of help around the house and things were coming together quickly.

As for getting ready attire, because our wedding was in the evening it didn't make sense to me that we would chill out in robes all day... instead I had an idea that we could all dress up in plaid and snap a picture together before we got the bridal party version of the day started. I'm really happy with how they turned out. I just love having photos of some of my most favourite people all together in one place. Isn't that just the best part of your wedding day?

All photos courtesy of Isos Photography, unless noted otherwise


Nelson just kills me in this picture / Personal photo

It was far from sunny, but we were all sans make-up! / Personal photo

Real talk... the day flew by. Before we knew it Katie, our make-up artist and our hairstylist (my cousin) had arrived and were ready to get appointments rolling. The boys hopped around all day helping everyone outside with frequent visits to GM Coach's house.

A day in the life of a Bridesman - they're on a golf cart / Photo by BMan TLW 

I spent most of the afternoon assembling the boutonnieres, making food for the wedding party and answering questions. At one point I remember my mom coming up to tell me that there was no denying it... it was going to rain. She said that my dad and uncle were buying tarps to cover everything up (mainly the benches), but they all had it covered. I don't remember worrying much about the rain, I think part of me just knew it wasn't going to affect the wedding (or denial).

We don't have many pictures of us getting our hair and make-up done. We asked Lisa and Fulya to arrive when we were supposed to be finished getting ready (I wanted to maximize their time at the reception); however they ended up arriving early! Fulya stayed at our house, while Lisa went to hang out with the boys. I love the pictures they captured during the last minute preparations.

Is it just me, or does it always become a rush of madness to be ready on time?

My cousin C securing my flower crown



Helping BMan J with the final touches



And, just like that everyone was dressed and it was my turn to get my dress on. There is just something about that moment you finally put that dress on for your actual wedding. The day was going by in a complete blur of time warp speed and somehow I was already at the point where my dress was on and I was going to be meeting Mr. Narwhal for our first look. Everyone helped me with my accessories and it was time for us to take a few bridal party photos... only it was pouring rain. Not just drizzling, pouring. We sent a message to Mr. Narwhal and company to let them know we would be delaying our first look a few more minutes, as the weather forecast that called for minimal rain was now saying it would let up soon.






We snapped a few pictures inside, and I started to become slightly anxious. I hadn't planned to take indoor photos (we didn't have enough space or ideal lighting), and it wasn't what I wanted, so with that, I said we were going outside. I didn't care if I got wet, we were going to get our outdoor photos, and the rain was definitely dying down. The wedding day only happens once! After getting some photos which each of my bridesmaids/bridesmen, we realized Mr. Narwhal had been waiting in the rain for a few minutes. It was time for me to head to our first look!


MOH L, BM Mel and BM Click* / Collage made via PicMonkey
All of the cousins! BMan J, BMan TLW, MOH Cass, BM Megs* / Collage made via PicMonkey

Not to be a tease, but I have a couple more posts before we get to the first look.

The Day Before
The Rehearsal Breakfast

*Full disclosure: I kind of regret not taking more individual pictures with my bridal party. I'm not a huge fan of how I'm standing and my hair kept going in my eyes! Even still, I will forever cherish these photos because these people went above and beyond for us, and I love them all so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment