Wednesday, September 23, 2015

The PWC

I cut over six inches off two weeks before our wedding. A pre-wedding chop.

I mentioned on a few occasions that I had been resisting an urge to cut my hair off before the wedding for quite awhile. After I got my trial done it settled the urge for a couple of weeks, and then it was back again.

Cutting a lot of length off meant there was no going back. I didn't want to regret my decision. So I flip flopped, did various polls (sorry friends) and reviewed photos for months. I would decide to leave it, and then get the urge again.

The problem? I had some pretty amazing inspiration pictures that I couldn't shake off.

Image via Southern Weddings / Image by Veronica Varos


Image via Style Me Pretty / Image by Marianne Wilson Photography

So at the beginning of August, I talked to my cousin (that was doing my hair for the wedding) and she told me to do it. I told Mr. Narwhal my plan, and he said I wasn't allowed to change my mind again. So, I booked my appointment and a week or so later went into the salon for the big snip.

I honestly thought the hair stylist would refuse to do something so drastic two weeks before the wedding, but she was super excited, which helped ease the slight doubt I had.

Honestly, the decision was majorly made because once I did it, I didn't have to decide anymore.



And, I'm so glad I did. I haven't had an ounce of regret.

The lesson in all of this is to make sure you do you when it comes to your wedding. Just because everyone does something (in this case, growing out your hair) doesn't mean you have to too. Be the best version of yourself on your wedding day. Having the hair length that I felt the most me in made sense, and I only wish I did it sooner.

Did you do anything drastic before your wedding?

No comments:

Post a Comment